The Dudley Inn: Qualitative Interviews with Chronically Homeless, Dually Diagnosed Residents of a Safe Haven Shelter
Dudley Inn Basics:
The Safe Haven Model
– Designed to maintain the “no barriers to entry approach”.
– 8-private rooms with several common areas.
– DMH Homeless Outreach Team serves as the gatekeepers to the Dudley Inn.
– Offers a service integration model which merges mental health, substance abuse and primary care efforts into a single housing setting.
– House is staffed 24/7 by master’s level front line staff.
– Services are consistently offered but not required of residents.
– Clinical team includes: psychiatrist, primary care physician, substance abuse counselor and a housing specialist. (Authors)
Type of Resource: